CS101 Final exams

I've done programming before and was wondering, if I wanted to give the final exams a try before completing the course, would that still count? Do we have to complete the entire course first?
Even if I did skip ahead I'd still finish the course. Just curious as to whether I know enough to do pass the exams yet.

Also, I'm not sure if this has already been asked but I see there are currently exam and starred problems at the end of the course. Is this the actual exam or just meant for practice?
If so, when and where will the actual exam appear.

asked 28 Jun '12, 03:40

Shawn%20Gillespie's gravatar image

Shawn Gillespie

accept rate: 0%

One Answer:

As far as your certificate is concerned, I believe that you are only graded on the final exam. You could take the exam regardless of progress, but you would be at a disadvantage seeing as the exam questions build off of the previously presented problems and materials. You would have to wait, though, as the final exam is only available for the last week of the hexamester. The exam available now is the previous one and the new one for this hexamester should be different.

link

answered 28 Jun '12, 17:35

Richard%20B.'s gravatar image

Richard B.
3.7k62245

Your answer
Question text:

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags

×30,968
×739
×719
×2

Asked: 28 Jun '12, 03:40

Seen: 836 times

Last updated: 28 Jun '12, 17:35